Unveiling the K-1 Visa: A Journey to Marriage in the U.S.

What is the K-1 Visa?

The K-1 Visa, also known as the Fiancé(e) Visa, is intended for foreign fiancé(e)s planning to marry U.S. citizens in the United States. This visa allows the foreign fiancé(e) to enter the country for the purpose of getting married.

Who and how can one apply for the K-1?

The petition for the K-1 Visa is typically filed by the U.S. citizen planning to marry the foreign fiancé(e). The process involves submitting the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), to the USCIS. The U.S. citizen must prove the genuine nature of their relationship, eligibility, and intent to marry.

The K-1 Visa process involves several stages:

  • I-129F Petition: The U.S. citizen submits the petition to the USCIS, demonstrating eligibility and the genuine nature of the relationship.
  • Petition Approval: After USCIS review, the petition may be approved, allowing the foreign fiancé(e) to proceed to the next phase.
  • Consular Processing: The beneficiary undergoes consular processing at their local embassy or consulate, including an interview and document verification.
  • Entry into the U.S.: Upon approval, the foreign fiancé(e) can enter the U.S. and must marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days.

What is the validity period of the K-1 Visa?

The K-1 Visa has a validity period of 6 months from the date of issuance. This means the beneficiary has this period to enter the U.S. after visa approval. Following entry, the marriage must occur within the subsequent 90 days.

If you are considering applying for the K-1 Visa, ALF is here to help. Schedule a consultation now and begin your journey toward this achievement in the United States. At ALF, we are ready to be your partner in pursuing your dream.

× You need help?