Green Cards

Learn how to obtain your Green Card.

Keep in contact with us to have a consultation about your Green Card


Those who immigrate to the United States from countries around the world add both cultural richness as well as financial wealth to our great nation. Unfortunately, many potential immigrants do not know that they can legally immigrate and become Lawful Permanent Residents based on their employment or expertise. From the President to the last member of congress, each agrees that the United States must welcome the best and brightest from around the world.

 Among the many categories of individuals who can seek permanent residency are those with an “Extraordinary Ability” in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational executives and managers; people with the equivalent of US advanced degrees; and others with an “Exceptional Ability.” Additionally, a National Interest Waiver can be sought on your behalf if you are a person of exceptional ability and your employment in the US will greatly benefit the nation.

 If you are interested in immigrating to the United States and believe you may fit one of the above categories, please contact us today!

However, not everyone who seeks to immigrate to the United States will possess an advanced degree or be a person of great notoriety in their field. Other equally talented and well-trained individuals may also pursue Lawful Permanent Resident Status. People with professional degrees, skilled and other workers, religious workers, and even broadcasters can become residents of the US based on their employment.

 The immigration process is different depending on your skills, qualifications, and preference category. Wait times vary, and not every attorney understands how to guide an individual, or their sponsoring company, through the employment-based immigration process. So call the Alexandre Law Firm to speak with a trusted, knowledgeable, licensed attorney today to learn how you can become a lawful permanent resident.

If you are married to a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, you may be eligible to receive a green card. There are many benefits that Lawful Permanent Residents, or green card holders, enjoy. These benefits include: being able exit and enter the United States without the risk of being denied entry; permission to work for the employer of your choice without the need for employer sponsorship; the right to apply for financial aid for education and receive “in-state” or “resident” tuition at many colleges and universities; and the ability to reside anywhere in the United States permanently.

 However, despite your love and devotion to your spouse, proving to US Citizenship and Immigration Services that your marriage was entered into in “good faith” is not always easy. Many of us have heard horror stories of couples being investigated at their homes and places of business, separated at interviews, interrogated by immigration offices, and even being asked ridiculous questions such as: “what is the color of your spouse’s tooth brush?”

 At the Alexandre Law Firm, we will explain each step in the immigration process, assist you to properly document your marriage, and prepare you for the questions you may be asked by an immigration or consular officer. We pride ourselves in our thoroughness and complete dedication to serving our clients.

 If you are married or engaged to a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, please contact us today so we can help you navigate the immigration system successfully.

On June 26, 2013 the U.S. Supreme Court held in two landmark cases that a Federal law prohibiting same sex marriage was unconstitutional. The court found that this Federal law, the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution since it denied a right to a class of citizens without providing a legitimate and compelling reason for doing so. The court held that DOMA’s purpose and effect was to discriminate against a class of persons which many states had decided to protect by allowing same sex marriage.This ruling means that same sex couples are now free to marry in states that have chosen to provide its citizens with this option, without any interference from the Federal Government.

Not long after this decision, the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) held in Matter of Zeleniak that immigration authorities would recognize the Supreme Court’s decision when adjudicating family petitions based on same sex marriage, as long as the marriage was valid where it was celebrated.

This means that if you are a same sex couple and you have married your spouse in a state that recognizes same sex marriage, you can now legally petition for that spouse to have lawful status in the United States!

Let us help you get started.

One of the foundational principles of US immigration law is the need for family reunification. As such, US Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents can petition for certain relatives, allowing them to immigrate to the United States. However, due to the quota system which is in place, certain relatives receive preference and have a shorter wait time to immigrate to the US.

A US Citizen’s parents, spouse, and unmarried children who are under the age of 21 are considered immediate relatives. This means that immigrant visas are immediately available to these individuals once a petition is approved by immigration and the relationship is verified. US Citizens can also petition for a fiancée, child over 21, whether married or not, as well as their siblings. A Lawful Permanent Residents can petition for their spouse and unmarried children.

At the Alexandre Law Firm we understand that the process of petitioning for a loved one can be complicated and frustrating. That is why we treat every case with the personal care and attention your family deserves.

If you are a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and would like to offer your family member an opportunity to enjoy the American dream, please contact us today.

U.S. citizens may file a petitions with USCIS for;

* Spouses
* Children
* Fiance
* Siblings

U.S. permanent residents may file a petitions with USCIS for;

* Spouses
*Unmarried Children

DV-2015 Begins October 1

Diversity Visa Program – Visas provided are drawn from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S. Unlike other immigrant types, Diversity Visas (DV) do not require a U.S. sponsor, and therefore a petition is not needed.






Talk with us! We do In-Person, Telephonic, or Skype Consultations!

Pin It on Pinterest